One Day Seminar at Vadodara on
- VAT on Works Contracts has always been a matter of curiosity, controversies and complications. Ever since the evolution of the concept of deemed sales under the sales tax laws, it has remained a mystery as to which transactions are liable to tax as "Works Contract". To add to the complexity every state has its own mechanism to levy and collect VAT on Works Contracts.As a result it has become increasingly difficult for Multi State project operating companies to understand and comply to the rigorous requirements. With a view to update the end users about the finer aspects of works contracts in some of the major states of the country, this seminar has been planned.
- In this seminar we cover the concepts of Works Contracts, Interstate Works Contracts, VAT Credits for WC, Specific cases of WC & Service Tax like AMCs, Construction Contracts and also giving an overview of proposed Goods & Services Tax (GST) with latest updates etc.
- What is the best course of action to charge VAT and Service Tax?
- Sale and Service - Are they mutually exclusive? What are the accepted overlaps?
- What are the conflicting judgements being passed by various courts under Works Contract?
- What is the current option available with the builders for discharge of Indirect Tax Liabilities?
- What are the issues affecting works contracts in the major states of the country?
- Understanding the basic provisions of VAT pertaining to Works Contracts
- SEZ / Other Exemptions available in various states for project activity
- Understanding the Divergent views taken by respective jurisdictional High Courts
- Treatment of sub-contracting transactions in various states
- Recognition of Provisions of Central Sales Tax in various States
|Why Attend||Who to Attend|
Past Event organized by Consult Construction :
Open Programmes held at Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Bengaluru
|Seminar Topics||Seminar Date|
|Commercial Aspects of Civil Construction||Feb 2011 & May 2011|
|Indirect Taxation of Works Contract||Aug 2011, Sep 2011, May 2012, Sep 2012 & April 2014|
|Internal Controls at Construction / Contractors Site||Jan 2012, March 2012, Nov 2013 (Mumbai), Jan 2013 (Mumbai), June 2013, July 2013 (2 Days Mumbai), Dec 2012 (2 Days)|
|Indirect Taxation of EPC Contracts||Oct 2012 (Mumbai)|
|Multi State VAT on EPC / Works Contracts / Construction Constracts
||Sep 2014 (Mumbai), Nov 2014 (Bengaluru)|
In-house Training Programmes
|Godrej & Boyce||Internal Controls at Construction Site|
|AMBA Township||Construction Project management - Client Perspective|
|Kalpataru Power||VAT on EPC Contracts|
|Teyma India||Taxes relating to Construction Sector|
The event is organised by Consult Construction, Strategic Consultant to the Construction Sector in various fields like Internal Controls, Taxation, Information Technology. For details visit our website www.consultconstruction.com
|Mr. Neerav Parmar
||Chairman||BAI, Mumbai Center||Exhaustive Literature, Dedicated Faculty and a seminar unseen so far in my carrer|
|Mr. P Veera Reddy
||GM- Indirect Taxes
||Kirby Building Systems India Ltd.
||Most Complicated subject handled very well within the time schedule. One of thebest Seminar in recent years.|
|Mr. V S Raju||Head - Admin||Larsen & Toubro Ltd.||The programme is an excellent one.|
|Mr. Terence Seqi||Project Executive||Asian Paints Ltd.||Consolidated list of control points in terms of client & PM|
|Mr. K R Sanjana||Sr. V P (F & A)||Shapoorji Pallonji||Faculty was Excellent|
|Ms. Shilpa Thacker
||S. G.M.||Godrej & Boyce||Session aptly covered our requirements|
|Mrs. H K Joshi||G M (F & A)||ONGC||Course content well designed & structured & time lines were stuck which is very impressive.|