Webinar on Impact of GST on Contractual Tax Clauses
Topics to be Covered:-
- Promissory Estoppel - Can the government take away service tax exemptions promised til 2020?
- Whether GST is a new tax or a statutory variation?
- All inclusive contracts which are silent on GST, whether GST is payable or not?
- All inclusive contract with future taxes also inclusive, whether GST is payable or not?
- Grounds for approaching High Court when there is an arbitration clause? and when there is no arbitration clause?
- Grounds for approaching lower courts?
- Past judicial precedence - when New VAT / New Service Tax was introduced.
- Whether GST can be considered as an escalation?
CA Sandesh Mundra - Sandesh is the Chairman of the GST Committee of the Builders' Association of India and has represented upon tax issues connected with construction sector at various multiple forums. Besides he and his team have authored several books in the field of Construction Controls, Indirect Tax issues connected with Construction and Real Estate Sector. He has so far conducted more than 100 programmes on several topics of professional interest including several of them on GST - biggest game-changing tax reform in India.
Adv. Vijay Patel - Vijay is a practising advocate at the High Court of Gujarat and also appears before other Judicial & Quasi-Judicial Forums. He is also a qualified Chartered Accountant and is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. His core area of practice includes Corporate Law, Taxation Law, Arbitration and Contractual Matter and other civil law. He is also a panel advocate on Gujarat High Legal Service Committee.
Consult Construction,304, Super Plaza, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad Phone: 9925019498 / 079-40032950 www.consultconstruction.com,