National Conference on GST vis-a-vis Building and Construction Industry
Place: Bombay Exhibition Center, NSE Nesco Complex, Off Western Express Highway, NESCO, Goregaon East, Mumbai
In International Trade Exhibition for Contractors, Architects and Engineers, Builders’ Association of India jointly with Consult Construction are organizing Seminar on National Conference on GST vis-a-vis Building and Construction Industry.
Topics to be covered
1) Impact of GST amendments on Construction Sector & Real Estate Sector and Controversies surrounding valuation, ITC Blockages, branch transfers (Inputs, Capital Goods & Services) and Transitional Issues (Transitional Credits, Cancellations, Refunds) by CA S.S Gupta, Noted Author in Indirect Taxation.
2) Impact of GST on Housing Sector by CA RavikumarYanamandra, Director, Indirect Taxes - Infrastructure, Industrial & Consumer, E & Y LLP.
- Re-development including housing society, landlord and tenants.
- Taxability of development rights, time of supply, value and ITC.
- Reversal of ITC on receipt of OC on the first occupancy.
3) Impact of GST on Construction and Infrastructure Sector by CA Sandesh Mundra, Chairman-GST Committee, BAI.
- Issue of Contractors (Rate of Tax in case of various schemes)
- Retention money.
- Developers paying construction charges by way of allotment of certain area / flats.
- Exemptions in case of government projects.
- Rate of tax to be charged by the contractors.
- Affordable housing, PMAY and other concessional schemes.
4). Panel Discussion by CA Rajkamal Shah (Member, GST Committee-BAI), CA S.S Gupta, CA Ravikumar Yanamandra and CA Sandesh Mundra
- The panellist have compiled certain issues on GST & Real Estate. Click Here